"Listen to the words that others can't speak; speak the words that others can't hear."

Saturday, May 14, 2011

I saw a priest one day.

I saw a priest one day,
He seemed kind and touched my heart.
I saw a priest one day,
And since then I am a part.

A part of a community,
One I'll never leave,
Because a priest got to my soul,
And now I do believe.

I saw a priest one day,
His kindness helped me see,
There's more to life than living,
And now I've been set free.

Not once did I converse with him,
No more than short 'hellos',
But his presence helped me feel,
A joy I'd soon let grow.

He is no ordinary pastor,
Not even 'extra' is enough,
He cares, he loves, and shows the way,
He's there when things get rough.

I heard a priest one day,
Speaking to some teens,
He's down to earth, an angel,
Best I've ever seen.

Soon he will be leaving,
A stranger that I love,
I hope he knows we'll miss him,
We pray, but He'll guide him from above.

Father Henry, know that
There's none at all like you,
You showed us all the love of God,
You helped us, kept us true.

Oh, I saw a priest one day,
He seemed kind and touched my heart,
I saw a priest one day,
Because of him I'll never part.

No comments:

Post a Comment